Here is a recipe I did using Reeny’s Butterflies, Blooms & Bee’s delicious natural raw honey. Maureen is the owner of this Miami, Florida based start up company where she passionately harvests her honey from her garden bee hives. She uses a non traditional method of harvesting her honey through crushing and straining to collect her raw honey.
I decided to make baked oatmeal cups for breakfast using Maureen’s natural honey. If you want to learn how I made these, read the recipe below. Hope you enjoy making this yummy breakfast recipe that’s healthy and delicious.
1 banana, mashed
1-2 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 large egg white
1) Take your banana and mash it using a fork. Mix in the rolled oats until you get a even mixture.
2) Taking your egg, separate your egg whites from the yolk. Once you’ve done so, add the egg whites into your banana and rolled oats mixture. Mix well again.
3) Add 1-2 tablespoons of Reeny’s Butterflies, Blooms & Bees raw honey. Note: Other recipes have said to add 3 tablespoons but because of this honey I’m using here is naturally sweetened and rich, I don’t need as much in my recipe. This step is also based on preference.
4) Mix your final mixture well and scoop a ball of this mixture into your cupcake tray. Then proceed to pat the mixture down until you have a crust shape as seen in the photo.
5) Bake on 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes. Keep checking back on it as you want your crust to have a nice crisp on the edges.
6) Once your oat cups are completed, add in your desired amount of Greek Yogurt and top it off with berries of choice.
Optional: drizzle some more honey on top!